Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thoughts versus Actions

We cannot control our thoughts but we can control our actions. A simple sentence and so often hard to execute. Some of the one liners we here in the rooms of AA/NA are "I don't have to attend every fight I'm invited to" or "It doesn't matter what you think, it matters how you act."

The hard part like we said is execution. How do we get the right actions down. One way is having a higher power in your life. His will and not ours is what we strive for. God's will is not to live angry and resentful. We ask for help and it is provided. We write on this blog a lot about the "other people" in our life today. These people can look at our thoughts from an objective point of view and help us to see the correct path to take. A bad feeling is when we shoot our mouths off, even when we're right, and then are told we should go back to those people and make amends.

The easiest way to get our actions aligned correctly is to think this "I'd rather be happy than be right"

Daily Gratitude:

I am grateful for my loving attitude. Today I will show a loving attitude to all I meet. I pray I maintain my loving attitude.

No comments: